As the summer time quickly approaches, Atlanta is prepping us for one hell of a concert season. There are tons of shows both big and small that this teeny little blog can't possibly cover them all. However, here is a list of shows that stand out to me.
1. Mayer Hawthorne- May 11th at Variety Playhouse
By using is Porn name, Mayer Hawthorne brought his brand of soul and hip hop to a wider audience. Go see him.
2. Mastadon- May 12th at Masquerade Music Park
Atlanta metal Behemoths Mastadon plans to kick some maximum ass for the home team. Obviously, check it out.
3. M83- May 14th at Buckhead Theatre
French producer M83 , plans to make everyone in the Buckhead Theatre coated in a thick lather of sweat from dancing hard.
4. Foster the People- June 7th at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
This L.A. band will make your liver quiver. I mean quiver...
5. Two Door Cinema Club- June 10th at Heaven Stage at Masquerade
6. Los Campesinos!- June 28th at Heaven Stage at Masquerade
7. Coldplay- July 2nd at Phillips Arena
Seriously, It's Coldplay. Go see it.
8. The Men- July 3rd at 529
9. Best Coast- July 12th at the Variety Playhouse
Best Coast is supporting there newest album "The Only Place". Check it out!!
10. Seal and Macy Gray- July 28th at the Chastain Park Amphitheatre
11. Merle Haggard- August 10th at Atlanta Botanical Garden
Country legend Merle Haggard plans kick out the Jams upon his return to Atlanta. Check it out.